Curing Constipation: Guide to Cleanse Your Stomach & Colon
Constipation is the worst condition which any individual deals with. But it easily can be treated at home by just making some changes in our daily routine. So keep reading to know what points to keep in consideration for curing constipation.
The main symptoms of constipation are difficulty and straining while passing stools or passing fewer stools than usual.
Other symptoms include:
- stomach ache
- stomach cramps
- feeling bloated and nauseous
- losing appetite
Some causes of constipation are:
1) Lack of fiber in the diet
People whose diets include a good quantity of fiber such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Such kinds of food are significantly less likely to suffer from constipation. Whereas, fiber helps in easy bowel movements and prevents constipation.
2) Physical inactivity
Physically active people have fewer chances of constipation than inactive people. Old and bedridden people who are less active are at the risk of having constipation. As it is believed that physical activity keeps the metabolism high, keeping bowel movement steady
There are a lot of medications known to cause constipation. For instance antidepressants, anticonvulsants, calcium channel blocking drugs, aluminum-containing antacids, diuretics
Some people may also become constipated when they consume milk and dairy products.
5) Irritable bowel syndrome
People suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) get constipation more frequently,than others.
Hormonal changes brought about during pregnancy can make a woman more susceptible to constipation. Uterus may also sometimes compress the intestine, slowing down the passage of food.
Slowing down metabolism during old age may make the muscles in the digestive tract not work. Also, they used to which may lead to constipation.
8) Changes in routine
While traveling the routine of a person changes which can affect the digestive system, resulting in constipation. However, changes in meal times, bed time, toilet can raise the risk of constipation.
9) Overuse of laxatives
Laxatives are helped in bowel movements. However, using them regularly makes a person become dependent on them. And this is what increases the risk of constipation when they are stopped.
10) Not going to the toilet when needed
Ignoring the urge to pass or delaying it may make the stool drier and harder leading to constipation.
11) Not drinking enough water
Sodas and drinks containing caffeine can cause dehydration and worsen constipation. Alcohol also dehydrates the body leading to constipation. However, drinking plenty of water reduces the risk of constipation.
12) Problems with the colon or rectum
Tumors, scar tissue, diverticulosis, and abnormal narrowing of the colon or rectum, known as colorectal stricture can cause constipation.
13) Some diseases and conditions
Some diseases slow down the movement of feces through the colon, the rectum can cause constipation. They are:
- Neurological disorders: Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, spinal cord injuries, and chronic idiopathic intestinal pseudo-obstruction can lead to constipation
- Endocrine and metabolic conditions: Uremia, diabetes, hypercalcemia, poor glycemic control, and hypothyroidism
- Systemic diseases: These include lupus, scleroderma, amyloidosis
- Cancer: In cancer patients, it occurs mainly due to pain medications and chemotherapy. It may also happen if a tumor blocks or squeezes the digestive system
Natural Curing Constipation Remedies
Ways to ease the symptoms of constipation without using medication are:
- Increasing fiber intake
- Drinking more water
- Regular exercise and activity can ease constipation
- Going to the bathroom at a fixed time daily
- Avoiding holding in stools
- Elevate your feet while passing feces, it will ease constipation
1 tbsp Apple Cider vinegar, 1 tbsp Honey mix in warm water. Take it as a tea. You will be amazed at the results take it daily. First thing in the morning before breakfast.
Take 1 tbsp Almond pure oil mix in a warm glass of milk. Take this before going to bed (a half-hour before bedtime)
Take a small piece of Ginger and Mint leaves. Boil it in 2 cups of water when one cup is left it’s ready put it in a cup. Mix 1 tbsp of Honey take it one time a day. It helps a lot not to curing constipation or gastric after food.
Avoid food: Peas, beans, beef, chicken, potato, junk food.