How Do I Prevent High Blood Pressure?
Blood pressure is the force of the blood pushing against the artery walls. The force is made with each heartbeat as blood is pumped from the heart into the blood vessels.
How is high blood pressure treated?
Treatment for high blood pressure may involve:
These healthy steps can help you control your blood pressure:
- Choose foods that are low in salt (sodium).
- Choose foods low in calories and fat.
- Choose foods high in fiber.
- Stay at a healthy weight, or lose weight if you are overweight.
- Limit serving sizes.
- Get more exercise.
- Drink fewer or no alcoholic beverages.
- Reduce stress.
- Get enough quality sleep.