Homemade natural Deodorant
You will need
- 1/2 cup unrefined virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 3/4 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon activated charcoal powder*
- peppermint 8 drops
- tangerine 8 drops
- bergamot 8 drops
- lemongrass 5 drops
- melaleuca (tea tree) 10 drops
- lavender 8 drops
- rosemary 6 drops
- Combine all ingredients together and mash with a fork until well blended and smooth. If the mixture is too runny, place in the refrigerator or a cool place to harden a bit. This deodorant should maintain a paste consistency so it’s best stored at room temperature in a glass container with a lid. To apply, simply use your fingers to rub a small amount onto your underarm area.
- Both my sister and I find that this new formula last all day long, however, you can apply this as often as you need to.
- *Use less charcoal if the recipe is too dark. Use more if it’s too light. The color should be a light grey.
- Tip: For a more firm deodorant and hands free application, you can fill an empty deodorant tube with this paste and keep in the refrigerator.